Insignia/Ascension class size comparison

To answer a question that is frequently asked about these two ships, I’ve done a scaled sized comparison chart to show the relative sizes – the Insignia Class is 560 meters in length and
the Ascension Class is 1400 meters in length…

This entry was posted in Ascension Class, Insignia Class, Starships. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Insignia/Ascension class size comparison

1. curson says:

Your work is absolutely mindblowing, both this classes (and the Insigna above all) are among my all time favourites.
    This little bit of "information" on the dimensions is much appreciated ;)

2. Mark Kingsnorth says:

Thanks let me know if I can give you any other info that comes to mind :)

3. Kyle says:

Unbelievably stunning work… I wish I could do things like this. Even just using your meshes and making my own images would be a dream… heh. Do you think the Phoenix mesh will ever get released? How many decks did you see it being?

4. Mark Kingsnorth says:

Kyle – the mesh may be released in the future, but I don't have any plans as of yet – I would also have to talk to the guys over at stphoenix.com.

As for decks, I think at the time it was thought to have 46. They wanted her to be quite a big ship ;)

5. Bmused55 says:

There’s something about it’s lines that are slightly off for me.
    Stunning work for sure! But I think it looks overly stretched out with a “saucer” section that is too small.

Just my tuppence

6. Cody says:

The Ascension is my new favorite class. I was wondering if you had any more specs on her. Oh and do you also do the interior?

Hi Cody,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner…I haven’t got too many more specs about her, what would you like to know?

7. Steven says:

Hey Mark.

I have been looking over the Ascension class, and I must say, it is damn impressive, I just have a few questions.

The Captains yacht, will you be doing up a model for it?

And second question, Do you know if there is an master systems display for the ship?

Steven.