Hawking Class starship progress

Some progress, at last! Having devoted my time in recent months to Wedding arrangements and designing invites, I got round to adding some textures today to the Hawking Class I posted up at the turn of the year.

Note I am still thinking of adding a bridge…but perhaps the engineers finally realised that they shouldn’t put the command center at one of the more vulnerable parts of a vessel?

This entry was posted in Hawking Class, Starships. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Hawking Class starship progress

1. Keith says:

I noticed in the new STAR TREK movie that the Bridge isn't Deck One any more – they lowered it a deck or two to a spot that used to be lit (well, on the TMP-design Enterprise at least) but was turned into the front window/view screen. Wonder what the reasoning was – did they want the transparent view screen, or were they thinking a bit more sensibly?

2. zoleeka says:

I like the Hawking class. Interesting, unique design, Enterprise-J -ish warp pylons ^^ and that flagging nose of the saucer :)

3. Mark Kingsnorth says:

I named it less to do with Stephen Hawking and more to do with how I thought it looked like a Hawk – with the beak and outstretched wings and such like 😉

4. Jonathan says:

Have to say I really like this design, not sure about the lack of a bridge module but as it appears to be a smallish ship then why not as it worked on the Defiant?

5. Joel says:

I really do like this concept. It has a sleek beauty to it. Do you have orthos of the vessel. I would love (with you permission) to use this vessel in our club for game play.

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in responding. You are more than welcome to use my images from my website. I would appreciate you putting a credit somewhere.

As for orthos I have a small image I will be releasing soon.

~Mark