Insignia Class Master Systems Display

Alexander Richardson has done an amazing job rendering my Insignia Class as a LCARs system display. I supplied him some high resolution profile views of my 3D mesh which he worked from. He was generous enough to give me first sight of the 10000×4039 pixel masterpiece here.

There are lots of little nuggets in the detail. It seems that the Weyland Yutani corporation had a hand in the construction. Not sure how I feel about that… 😉

Alex’s blog, which includes lots of other displays from Star Trek and beyond, is here.

This entry was posted in Insignia Class, Starships and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Insignia Class Master Systems Display

1. Craig Oxbrow says:

I think my favourite detail is Bruce. Every ship should have one.

2. Eric says:

That is a truly beautifully detailed MSD for the Insignia =D And it was about time we saw one for this version of it too! Nice work, both of you, always pulling out the best :-)

3. Adm. Zaxxon says:

Hahaha, that is awesome. I love all the little random details that are in there.

I do have one question though, is that large section in the mid neck of the ship supposed to be hydroponics? It looks like an onboard park lol.

4. John Wiggins says:

Dude; this is awesome. I’m using it to build a 1:1 scale Insignia in Minecraft for our star-trek server (the one that has the Enterprise-D).

5. Jeff Sichta says:

Mark, the Insignia-class is top-notch. I first saw it in the Star Trek vs BSG clip on YouTube, then again in the SOTL calendar. Excellent work! What I am wondering, however, is what the specifications (length, height, width, crew complement, etc) are. I’ve seen a few notes on the Insignia-class around the Internet, but they’re all over the place, ranging from 439.54m long to 533-550m to 680m and so on. I didn’t know if you had listed her specs anywhere in particular. It stands to reason that since you designed Insignia, you ended up with a particular set of specifications at the end of it. Thanks again for sharing your work with us, as well as any nudges in the right direction for Insignia specs.

Hi Jeff – These are from a few years ago, but the official dimensions are:

Length: 580m
      Height: 80m
      Beam: 390m
      Decks: 23

Hope that helps!

6. Jeff Sichta says:

Mark, thanks for the stats; sorry to be replying only a mere year-and-a-half later!