Tag Archives: fighter
I have created a Blender add-on that will quickly create a configurable mesh in the form of a fighter jet or starfighter, available on the Blender Market.
In the past I have found it laborious and repetitive to model, mirror & subdivide the starting shape. This add-on does the job for you, first allowing you to dynamically configure the basic shape, then leaving you free to edit the base mesh by leaving the Mirror and Subdivision Surface modifiers intact.
For modellers who want to either generate different shapes for a jet or starfighter in their scenes, rapidly prototype plane concepts, or have a starting point to develop a more detailed mesh.
- Add the Dynamic Jet mesh from the standard Add menu.
- A range of configuration options allow you to quickly shape and concentrate on the overall design.
- Once done, you can then move on to edit the underlying basic mesh as the modifiers are left intact.
- Base mesh is based on quads which will help it to be quickly extended and used with other operators and add-ons.
- The range of configurable options include: optional engines and tail wings, wing span & angle, cockpit size.
- Also compatible with my Plating Generator add-on.
If you have a new feature suggestion or feedback on the add-on feel free to contact me through this website or through twitter @markkingsnorth.
I have also created a demo video: